Many people all over the world start their day with a cup of coffee. Black or white, espresso or filter - there are so many ways of preparing it. In this book you can learn more about the coffee plant and the history of this popular drink. And you can find a recipe for a frappuccino, too!
EASYREADS are a range of full-colour, non-fiction graded readers; the subjects cover art, history, science, geography, biography and cultural studies.
EASYREADS are specially written at two levels, with controlled grammatical structures and lexis: level 1 uses present tenses only, while level 2 introduces past tenses. As far as lexis is concerned, apart from some special vocabulary required by the topic of the reader, the maximum number of headwords used at level 1 is 300 words, increasing to 400 words at level 2.
* Ideal for 'Content and Language Integrated Learning'(CLIL)
* Fully illustrated with specially commissioned artwork, photographs etc
* Topic-specific illustrated glossary at the back of each book for easy reference.
* Language exercises which check comprehension (including an exit test at the end of the book) and provide skills-work, often in the style of University of Cambridge ESOL KET questions.
* Suggestions for internet projects are included, as well